Bilingual School Clerk
|Title:||Bilingual School Clerk|
|Location:||EPIC Academy - 8255 S. Houston Ave.|
DescriptionAre you a recent college graduate who is looking to make an impact? Would you like to be a part of an organization that values teamwork and commitment to the community?
EPIC Academy is a successful and expanding charter high school in the South Chicago community that opened in the fall of 2009. EPIC Academy focuses on project-based learning that engages students in mastering 21st century skills and completing real-world challenges.
We are seeking a Bilingual School Clerk to join our Office Team. This is a huge opportunity to cultivate and grow innovative approaches for public relations focused on academic achievement for our students.
Send us your resume to join our EPIC Academy professionals in maintaining a strong reputation for outperforming local neighborhood schools while continuing to produce solid academic gains in student achievement.
The position of the Bilingual School Clerk at EPIC Academy is responsible for maintaining accurate student database records, providing clerical support to the school site, providing basic first aid, communicating various information regarding activities and/or in response to requests, providing timely and accurate distribution of information, and providing superior customer service to students, staff and visitors. This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours per week).
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a receptionist and greets and directs visitors to appropriate staff.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and school correspondence.
- Maintain student database for the purpose of documenting student enrollments and transfers.
- Screen student emergency cards to identify needs and notify staff of students' health concerns.
- Evaluate situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) and take appropriate action and/or direct to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintain inventory of office, health office, and first aid kit supplies and ensure the availability of required items.
- Maintain various records, schedules, files, rosters, etc. for the purpose of documentation and providing reliable information.
- Monitors information (e.g. student enrollment data, class size, attendance, etc.) to verify adherence to policies and procedures.
- Process documents and materials (e.g. student transfers, schedules, reports, etc.) to disseminate information to appropriate parties.
- Respond to inquiries of staff, the public, parents and/or students for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Attend meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Perform duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- One year of experience in a school office or equivalent
- Ability to apply general clerical office methods, practices, and procedures;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to type proficiently;
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with school personnel, students, parents and guardians, and the general public;
- Ability to operate personal computers utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database software is required;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods;
- Work with constant interruptions;
- Perform basic first aid;
- Interact with persons of different age groups and cultural backgrounds;
- Learn new procedures;
- Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/far visual acuity;
- Ability to exert force necessary to push, pull, carry, and lift or otherwise move packages up to 15 pounds.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
- Tuberculin Clearance
- Reports to: Office Manager
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications