|Title:||Director of Recruitment & Community Engagement|
|Location:||EPIC Academy - 8255 S. Houston Ave.|
8255 South Houston Ave. | Chicago, Illinois 60617 | Phone: 773.535.7930 | Fax: 773.535.7934 | Website: www.epicacademy.org
Director of Recruitment and Community Engagement
EPIC Academy is a charter high school that opened in Fall 2009 in the South Chicago community. We believe every student can learn, grow, achieve, and lead. We inspire every student to dream their future, guide students along their chosen path, and provide belief altering experiences that broaden students’ views of what is possible. Our classrooms are full of the experiences that prepare every student for college success - discussion, collaboration, leadership, and critical thinking. Each day, EPIC Academy refines innovative services and programs to realize a future where every student achieves college and career success. We provide a team atmosphere that attracts hard working individuals who believe in students and do whatever it takes to ensure their success. If this inspires you to help us grow our network and our impact, then consider joining us!
With the addition of our new Executive Director, our organization is in a place of exciting change and growth. EPIC seeks to hire a Director of Recruitment and Community Engagement to lead student admissions, community relations, volunteer management, and special project work. The Director of Recruitment and Community Engagement will play a critical role in developing and executing a strategic plan for strengthening our relationship with parents, community stakeholders and elected officials.
The Director of Recruitment and Community Engagement is a self-directed, highly organized individual who embraces the opportunity to build strong relationships with parents and community leaders and increase awareness of our brand in South Chicago and throughout the Chicago area. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional public relations, communication, project management and organizational skills. The Director of Recruitment and Community Engagement will report to the Executive Director and serve as a critical part of EPIC’s senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Marketing or Public Administration preferred
- At least 5-8 years of relevant community outreach, public relations, student recruitment, marketing or sales experience preferred; for-profit experience welcomed
- Results-focused, highly organized self-starter who works effectively with others and independently
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to confidently manage a high-volume, deadline-driven workload with poise and optimism
- Strong marketing and relational skills
- Experience with navigating a complex political landscape and developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft products (e.g. Drive, Docs, Sheets, Word, and Excel)
- Problem-solver with ability to modify best practices to fit EPIC’s resources and needs
- Experience creating and executing student recruitment campaigns
- Ability to work collaboratively and with professional maturity with parents, community leaders, staff, students and school leadership
- Willingness to work flexible hours during student recruitment season (e.g. late start and end time at least 3 days per week from October through December)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement a long-term strategic community engagement plan for EPIC that will raise awareness and increase parent involvement
- Assess community resources and align with family needs to create a “Parent University” support model
- Build community awareness for EPIC Academy by attending local community meetings, block club activities, fairs, etc.
- Lead and organize opportunities for EPIC staff and students to participate in local and district level school expositions and fairs
- Oversee training and development of our EPIC Student Ambassadors and create a schedule for weekly tours with parents, community partners, etc.
- Develop and effectively implement a high-level strategy to ensure a robust recruitment plan for existing charter high school campus
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan to increase freshmen enrollment
- Work collaboratively with Chicago Public Schools Office of Access and Enrollment to ensure effective communication and utilization of “GO CPS” tool throughout recruitment season
- Provide information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents through various forms of communication (calls, emails, in-person, school visits)
- Develop productive relationships with neighborhood elementary counselors to explain benefits of attending EPIC Academy
- Visit area elementary schools and other special events to market EPIC’s programming to parents and potential students
- Coordinate student recruitment and enrollment efforts at EPIC Academy events
- Manage and provide oversight for special project work as assigned by the Executive Director
Annual salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a goal of hiring the right candidate ASAP. To apply, visit the careers area of www.epicacademy.org.
EPIC Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit; we strongly encourage and seek qualified applications from underrepresented groups.